Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Low Tides..

On a gloomy night, when the tides are low,
The tiny stars in the sky glitter and glow.
What more can they, so afar, do to say...
'Good times ahead', stay happy and gay!!

Well, this is not my attempt on poetry... I know it can hardly pass as a rhyme :-) It is just to reflect how little things made me smile on a dully gloomy day!

I was really down and out Monday morning... and on Tuesday, I reflect, how many little things made me smile!

Thanks to all those tiny stars that glittered through my dull day..

1. Morning flowers in the garden, the koel and crows on the rain tree
2. Got a new pair of shoes at 10.00 AM!(should blog about this separately)
3. Little note of appreciation from a tough manager in my mailbox
4. Friends and well-wishers pinged me oft
5. Food Court made Gulab Jamun for lunch
6. Malai gave me his Gulab Jamun too (2 GJs made my day!)
7. Code worked fine at the first stroke of keys
8. Left my car window open but nothing got lost
9. The usual cheering tea sessions
10. Went to a temple by the sea, calm and serene...

Standing by the sea, I looked up at the sky...

On a gloomy night, when the tides are low,
The tiny stars in the sky glitter and glow.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very nice post. Can relate to it. I would some more to the list
1. Cook some favorite item. It does take lots of energy, but at end feel much better
2. Listen to some nice songs, sitting at the balcony ;-)

Yadhvi said...

ferrari,
Thanks!
@#1 - aama! neenga cook pannadhuku appuram, saapidaravangaluku dhane kashtam :)..You should feel better

@#2 - Music is soothing..aana balcony ku enge poradhu?!

srivat said...

Yadhvi,
Oh..yeah..Poem.I can definitely agree simply because enakku purinjithu.:-)
2 GJs??.Malai in diet??(Ofcourse I forgot..right time :-)).
Good one.Many people fail to notice these little delightful moments happening around them.

krishis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Naveenan Ramachandran said...

The poem was pretty good ... I hope you get time sometime in the future to hone your poetic skills ... As I comment, I get a creeping doubt .... Can somebody 'learn' how to write poem ??? I guess if the spark is already there, it can be kindled into a warm fire ...

Vidya said...

nice that you blogged about the small pleasures . It is these small pleasures that make our somewhat monotonous lives that we lead in fromt of the not so idiot but outright dumb and Stupid boxes worth living :)

Yadhvi said...

Srivat,
Thanks!
yeah, Malai on diet...wants to retain as he came from the US!!

Yadhvi said...

Naveenan,
Thanks!! for calling it a poem :)
actually i used to scribble when in middle school, but the problem was, the standard of my poems didn't improve as I grew up...
so, I always call them rhymes...
poetry ellam periya vishayam...free vidu!!

Yadhvi said...

vidya,
true!! how many such small things we take for granted?! and worry about 0s and 1s

krishis said...

>>2. Got a new pair of shoes at 10.00 AM!(should blog about this separately)

SO WHY DID U HAVE TO DO THIS - atha sollave illaye :-)

Mukund said...

can certainly relate to a lot of things there, more so the little note of appreciation from a tough manager :)

Yadhvi said...

krishis
:) solren...solren...

mukund
true. this manager must be my dad's age if not older... and is a tough taskmaster!!